Looking for an affordable, accessible, accredited, world-class medical degree which will be recognized throughout all of the EU? While this may sounds like a tall order, it’s exactly what draws thousands of countries from all over the world to Poland every year. Medical study in Poland ranks among the most sought-after and highest quality training opportunities throughout Europe. This is due to the high academic demands of Polish universities, and the excellent reputation of their alumni.
An increasing number of international students are making the decision to study medicine in Poland in English. These programs use American-style methods to teach medicine. After graduating from medical school in Poland, you can start working as a physician, or pursue further specialized training in every EU country and the US.
Why Poland ?
1. It boasts state-of-the-art facilities.
In May of 2013, a Polish surgical team became the first to accomplish the previously unthinkable: a groundbreaking, life-saving, full-face transplant. Not only was the surgery, during which the 33-year-old patient received a skin-and-bone transplant after losing his nose, upper jaw and cheeks in an accident, but it was also the world’s quickest time frame for such a complicated operation. “Face transplants are extraordinarily complicated, relatively rare procedures that usually require extensive preparation, typically months or years,” say The Daily Mail.
At the forefront of this and many other medical fields, thanks to its cutting-edge facilities and expert staff.
2. If you speak English, you’re all set.
Worried because you don’t speak Polish? Don’t be. All of Poland’s medical schools offer studies in English across specialty fields including pharmacy, nursing and physiotherapy.
3.You’ll be in excellent company.
International students make up 8.58 percent of the total student body of Poland’s medical universities with students from Norway, Sweden, the United States, Saudi Arabia, and Canada topping the list of sending countries. As part of the Bologna process, Polish universities grant degrees recognized throughout Europe and accredited by many of the globe’s most reputable institutions. Poland also cooperates with universities all over the globe. The takeaway? Not only will you have the opportunity to study alongside a diverse student body, but you’ll also have the chance to broaden your network and make connections — not just in Poland but all over the world.
4. You’ll spend less for top quality.
The cost of a medical degree is significantly lower in Poland, according to figures from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education: Full-time studies at public schools are free for Polish students as well as international students who fulfill certain requirements, including citizens of the EU/EEA. Other international students will still score a bargain — paying just EUR 3,000 (approximately USD 3,200) annually for studies. Not only that, but they also enjoy a significantly lower cost of living compared to other countries and throughout much of Europe.
Top Medical Colleges in Poland
• Warsaw Medical Academy
• University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
• Medical University of Gdansk
• Poznan Medical University
• Jagiellonian University Medical College
• Medical University of Lodz
• Medical University of Lublin
• University of Silesia
• University of Wroclaw
• Nicolaus Copernicus University
Courses Offered by Polish Medical Universities
• The universities in Poland offer a plethora of courses
• The universities in Poland have 3 main divisions: Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy
• MBBS College in Poland offers 6 year courses in Medicine.
• The universities in Poland have myriad specialties for the students to choose from
• The duration of MBBS course in Poland for Pharmacy is 4 years.
• The students in the universities in Poland can also choose to study Dentistry for 5 years.
• The universities in Poland have various other departments and faculties
• Students can also choose to study Management and social communication, international and political studies and Polish Language and literature
• The students can view various courses offered by a number of universities in Poland and then apply.
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
12th Science or Equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with min of 50% marks
Must clear Medical Entrance Exam in Nepal
Through a conversation with one of our Education Counsellors, you can be sure you’re making an informed decision on your future study. There’s nothing worse than signing up for a course that you are not passionate about studying and will set you back thousands of dollars.
Our extensive experience of working with international students puts us in a position to help you make the right choice based on your interest, aspirations, job outcomes and financial considerations and ensure that you stay visa compliant as you transit from your current course to another.