Located in East Asia, China is the world’s second largest state by land area. China is a communist nation and the world’s most populous state with the population of over 1.381 billion. China comprises of a vast landscape with the grassland, desert, mountain ranges, lakes, rivers and 14,500 km of coastline. China shares its borders with India, Nepal, Bhutan and Burma. Beijing is the capital of China. Shanghai – the largest city of China is the global financial center of the country.
Currently, China is one of the fastest growing economies of the world in terms of GDP and Purchasing Power Parity. Also China is the largest importer and exporter of goods in the world. The country is a recognized country for nuclear weapons and has the world’s largest standing army and second-largest defense budget.
The climate in China varies from one region to another. The weather of the country is mostly dry while wet monsoons also prevail often. Winters are usually very cold and dry and summers are mostly warm and moist.
Why China ?
The Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) published the ‘Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards in Undergraduate Medical Education’ in English for international students in 2007. This was done to guarantee a high-quality and standardized educational experience for international students. The following are the reasons why China is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
1. There are 49 approved medical schools which come directly under the supervision of the Chinese Government. All of them are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”.
2. The graduates from these universities are eligible to attend national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, PLAB, HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
3. The cost of the complete course of MBBS in China is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan and other European countries.
4. China has Top Medical Universities which offer world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
5. Students get ample opportunities in their field after completing their MBBS from China.
6. The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Chinese University are recognized by all the developed countries.
Benefits of MBBS from China
1. Students are given chance to get an internship in some of the best multinational companies of the world within the country itself.
2. No donation is required for getting admission in medical universities in China.
3. No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
4. The MBBS and MD degrees are acknowledged by international bodies like World Health Organization and UNESCO.
5. Students are provided with the practicals and experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
6. The quality of accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
7. The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.
Through a conversation with one of our Education Counsellors, you can be sure you’re making an informed decision on your future study. There’s nothing worse than signing up for a course that you are not passionate about studying and will set you back thousands of dollars.
Our extensive experience of working with international students puts us in a position to help you make the right choice based on your interest, aspirations, job outcomes and financial considerations and ensure that you stay visa compliant as you transit from your current course to another.