Scholarship in France
Scholarship in France
Below is a selection of scholarships for international students of all degree levels wishing to study in France.
Government funded scholarships to study in France
- Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence – Established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, this scholarship is available for non-French nationals of up to 30 years old enrolling in either a masters or PhD program in law, economics and management, engineering or political science in any French higher education institution. Applications are submitted by French higher education institutions on behalf of applicants, who will have been selected by these institutions.
- Erasmus + – Led by the European Commission, Erasmus + is the largest provider of scholarships in the EU and provides grants towards living costs when participating in an exchange system in a European country.
- The Chateaubriand Fellowship – Offered by the Embassy of France in the US, the fellowship funds PhD students from US universities wishing to do research in France for four to nine months. Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of up to US$1,230, a round trip ticket to France and support for health insurance abroad.
Non-government scholarships to study in France
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants and Financial Support – a variety of scholarships available to international students of all levels looking to study in France, who pass certain academic requirements.
- The Fulbright Scholarship – The Fulbright Scholarship is for recent university graduates looking to go on to study a master’s or a PhD in a French university. Up to 20 grants are awarded annually and fund eight to ten months of studying in France.
- Alexandre Yersin Scholarships for Masters Programme in France –The Alexandre Yersin Scholarship is available to Hong Kong or Macau residents, wishing to pursue a master’s degree or equivalent in a French university.
- Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) – The CSLA provides fully funded master’s degree study to individuals who demonstrate commitment to leading positive social change in their communities, and who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence.
University – specific scholarships to study in France
- Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship – Awarded each year by Sciences Po, this merit based scholarship is available to any student admitted to Science’s PO’s dual BA with Freie Universität Berlin program. The scholarship covers two years of tuition fees at Sciences Po, a living allowance of US$6000 per year for the two ears spent on Sciences Po’s French-German European Campus in Nancy and a living allowance of $7.000/year for the two years spent at the Otto-Suhr-Institut of Freie Universität. *The 2020 round of applications for this scholarship is not yet open, but usually close around June, so keep a look out on Science Po’s website for more details.
- Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2020 – Once again awarded by Sciences Po university, the Emile Boutmy Scholarship is for non-European students who wish to pursue their Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in France.
- ENS International Selection Scholarships – Each year, ten arts and humanities students and ten science students are offered a scholarship to pursue a master’s degree and diploma at École Normale Supérieure (ENS). This scholarship is available to international students, under the age of 25, who have not lived in France for more than 10 months. Successful applicants will receive a 1,000 euro per month grant for three years and a room on one of the ENS campuses
- Ampère Excellence Scholarships for International Students – These scholarships offer 1,000 euros per month for up to two years, for international students wishing to pursue one of the eligible Masters programs at ENS de Lyon.
- INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship 2019/2020 for African Students – A 50,000 euro scholarship available for an African national student admitted to, or in the interview stage for, an MBA course at INSEAD. Candidates must demonstrate outstanding professional and personal achievements, with a commitment to contribute to the breadth of diversity on the program.
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships – Université Paris-Saclay offers 160 master’s scholarships to international students enrolled in its programs. Each scholarship is worth 10,000 euros per year and a maximum of 1,000 euros for travel and VISA expenses is also awarded to successful candidates.
- Foundation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women – This scholarship offered by HEC Paris, for female candidates who have been admitted to the HEC Paris MBA program. Candidates must come from an Asian or African country affected by a natural disaster, drought or famine and must be able to demonstrate a commitment to solving some of the social and economic issues affecting their countries while working for the long-term security of the people living there.